CANCELLATION, FAILED TO ATTEND AND SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATION POLICY
At East Geelong Dental Practice your appointment time is reserved exclusively for you, and we will dedicate our time and resources to ensure you are given the best care possible. We are a small, personable business who aim to provide excellent dental care.
Unfortunately, missed, or broken appointments represent a cost to us, and to other patients who could have been seen in the appointment time set aside for you. Short notice cancellations, failure to attend and arriving late (more than 15 minutes) disrupts our other patients and staff members.
We understand that there may be circumstances that require you to cancel or reschedule your dental appointment. However, to effectively manage our schedule and accommodate the needs of all our patients, we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
- Our front desk will send you a SMS or reminder call more than 24 hours before your appointment*. Firstly, please read the text to confirm the date and time, then please respond either by calling or replying to the SMS.
*Please bear in mind that if you do not receive a SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 24 hours notice.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling, or cancelling appointments with MORE than 24 hours notice is fine and we will be more than accommodating.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling, or cancelling appointments with LESS than 24 hours notice a fee of $50 will be charged.
- If you wish to make a second booking then we require an appointment holding fee of $50 which, if you attend, will be taken off your cost of treatment or refunded if the treatment does not cost up to the $50.
- We may also reserve the right to charge the cost of the treatment upfront before making another appointment. This is only if there have been several cancellations and is obviously a last resort. We would hope that it never comes to this.
- If your treatment requires a long appointment or manufacture of materials or resources to meet your individual treatment needs only, we may require a deposit to secure your booking for that appointment. The following deposit policies apply:
Appointment times greater than 60-minutes or longer
- In situations where appointments are greater than 60 minutes or longer. We may ask you to pay a deposit towards your treatment. The deposit amount is dependent on the length of the appointment and the complexity of your treatment plan.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.